We strive to offer all customers the very best customer service. We encourage you to contact us with suggestions or concerns.
We have a great loyalty program that offers 10% off discounts for every $100 spent . Ask to sign up at checkout and please provide a valid email to receive our newsletter .
1) Loyalty discounts may not be applied to any special orders. Examples: Coops, feed in large quantities, pet food/feed special brands, dehydrators, metal stock tanks, tools, electric fences, composters etc.
1a) To restate in the positive, loyalty discounts are redeemable for in-stock items only
2) Loyalty discounts may not be applied to any quantity discounted items or sale items. Examples: 4 or more bags of feed that get 10% off already, egg cartons in large quantities, price-reduced items (see next exclusion)
3) Discounts can not be combined. Examples: Coupons + quantity discounts or loyalty program discount + quantity discounts, sale items + loyalty discounts
- All returns and exchanges must be accompanied by a receipt. We may be able to locate the receipt in our computer if the store is not too busy. This is a great reason to join our “customer appreciation program” at time of your first purchase as this makes it easy to look up purchases.
- Returned items must be exchanged at the time of return as no gift cards will be issued.
- Sale priced items are sold as is and are not refundable or returnable.
- Only items in re-sellable condition may be returned or exchanged. Defective items may be exchanged or refunded within 30 days of purchase.
- Other items are may be eligible for exchange or refund at manager’s discretion.
Feed in unopened, sellable condition may be returned within 30 days of purchase for full refund. We must limit feed returns to this period to ensure freshness.
Opened bags of feed cannot be returned unless they are discovered to be moldy, wet or otherwise inedible when first opened. Animals unwilling to eat it is not a valid reason for return as they often take a few days to adjust to a new feed.
Live Plants and Animals:
Poultry and plants are living things and sometimes will simply not thrive. For this reason, we generally allow for replacement of dead plants and chicks for a period of 48 hours after purchase. We will not refund plants or chicks that have not been cared for correctly at any time. All chick and plant returns or exchanges are at our discretion and your request may be respectfully denied.
We are not responsible for the condition of worms, chicks, or other living things that are ordered through us but not picked up on the scheduled day.
As much as we sympathize, we are not able to refund or exchange poultry with illnesses or malformations beyond the 48 hour period.
If you purchase a chick or pullet from us and she turns out to be a he, we will credit your original purchase price toward any other chick or pullet in stock (sorry, no other items).
This means if you buy a chick from us that turns out to be a rooster (you must be in the customer loyalty program or keep your receipt to prove you got him here) that we will give you a $5.95 store credit to use to buy either A) A new chick, which would be free or B) A started (older) pullet, reducing her price from $25 to $19.05. If you get a started pullet from us ($25) and she turns out to be a he, you will get a store credit of $25 to apply to A) Chicks (up to 4 free) or B) Another started pullet (which would be free)
We can relocate roosters! Bring them in a cardboard box with some pine shavings on Wednesday or Saturday and we'll pass them on to our partner who will either keep them in his breeding program or relocate them to other breeding farms he knows. A small percentage end up at auction, an uncertain fate. He can also relocate older or unwanted hens.